Carrot Cake Pancakes
Created by jalene
Makes about 12 pancakes (3 inch)
- 1/2 cup +1 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar and then enough almond or rice milk to make 1/2 cup all together
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (about 1/2 lb) finely grated carrot
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your griddle.
- Combine all the dry ingredients: brown rice flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender (I used a Blendtec), combine your milk mixture, oil, vanilla, egg, and syrup. Add your dry ingredients and blend until just combined. Add your carrot and walnuts (if using). Pulse slightly to blend (or you can simply stir them in.)
- Pour batter onto your preheated griddle and brown on each side.
A funny note:
Applesauce & Sprouts. Ha ha. Not exactly my first choice but definitely a healthy way to start your day. ;)
You're funny mom!