They have an amazing taste (even with a sub of rice milk for regular milk), they pull apart from the muffin paper perfectly, and they stay moist (but not too moist). I wish I could report how they do on days to follow but we polished all 9 of them off today! Audrey kept asking for "more fuffin!" (which is so cute because she can obviously say the "m" sound in more but apparently not for muffin. ;) So cute. Happy eating!
Gluten Free Moist Blueberry Muffins
Adapted by jalene from a recipe by Blendtec
Makes 9 muffins (weird number I know but that's just how it worked out)
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk substitute to make it dairy free)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup oat flour (or you can make your own by grinding 1 cup of gluten free oats)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a Blendtec or food processor, add all of the ingredients except for the blueberries. Blend on low until combined.
- You can fold in blueberries at this point or you can wait and add them later to the batter after it's poured into the tins. (I do this because I usually end up with 8 blueberries in 1 muffin and 2 in another.)
- Line 9 muffin tins with liners. Divide batter evenly among 9 tins. Should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. My muffins didn't brown very much on top.
Note from jalene:
| || |
I absolutely adore my Blendtec. I mixed up these muffins in less than a minute and then only had to clean 1 thing (besides my measuring cups).
It's an amazing machine. If you don't have one I HIGHLY recommend getting one. You'll LOVE it!