Created by jalene but inspired from a Ghirardelli recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (I used evaporated cane juice sugar)
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter (melted) You can use earth balance or coconut oil to make it dairy free
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder + 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional, they make gf & df options, I suggest not using mini)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8 by 8 pan with coconut oil or non-hydrogenated shortening.
- In small bowl add the cocoa powder, brown rice flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum and combine well.
- In another bowl, beat the 2 eggs briefly, then add the sugar, butter, and vanilla. Stir until combined well.
- Then stir the dry ingredients in the wet. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.