and it's a GIRL!
Audrey is super excited. Her auntie asked her about a month before my ultrasound appointment, "Audrey, is your mommy having a girl or a boy?" Audrey quickly replied with "A girl...a boy...and a horse!"
Ha ha. I hope I don't look that big yet.
Anyways, we're super excited to be adding another girl to the family!
Scoreboard: Boys 1, Girls 3. OH YEAH! K, on with our regular scheduled recipe. ;)
AND Yummy! I LOVE these next muffins! Now, I'm not much of a nut fan in my food. Don't get me wrong, I love nuts plain but put them in something yummy like a muffin or brownie and it tends to sour the whole experience for me. Weird I know. So when I do use them, I have to hide them from myself! ;)
I created a great Walnut Streusel that gives a not only the perfect hint of walnut flavor but a yummy topping for an already delicious muffin. Enjoy! This recipe only makes 6 muffins so if you have a big family you may need to double it. They disappear quick!
Gluten Free Banana Muffins with Walnut Streusel
Created by jalene
Makes 6 muffins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free quick oats
- 2 & 1/2 Tbsp COLD Earth Balance Butter Sub
- Throw the walnuts, brown sugar, and quick oats into a blendtec or food processor. Pulse a couple of times, so that the walnuts are chopped small. Remove the mixture and place into a small bowl. Cut in with a fork the COLD Earth Balance until it resembles a crumbly mixture. Set aside in the fridge.
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats or gluten free oat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- pinch sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup sugar (I used evaporated cane juice sugar)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Line 6 cups of a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a blendtec or food processor, combine the oats (or oat flour), baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt. Blend until a fine floury mixture forms.
- Add in the egg, banana, sugar, and olive oil and mix until well combined. Evenly distribute the batter into the 6 cups. Add a HEAPING tablespoon of streusel to the top.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops begin to lightly brown.