Almond Cake with Almond Icing
Adapted by jalene from a recipe from Tana Stowell
- 1/2 cup Ghee or butter (or Vegan Earth Balance to make it Dairy Free)
- 3/4 cup organic evaporated cane juice sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp organic Almond extract
- 1 cup Organic Gluten Free Oats or Oat Flour
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray and gf flour a 8 x 8 cake pan.
- If you are using whole oats- grind them first in your food processor or blender until they form a flour. (I used a Blentec.) Set aside.
- Melt the butter and add the sugar. Stir well.
- Add the eggs and almond extract.
- Stir in the flour. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, make the frosting:
- Mix together until smooth. Pour over cake while HOT.