This picture does not give this recipe justice. One day I'll hire someone to come and take pictures of my food...until then you'll have to suffer my amateur photography. Sorry!
Gluten-Free, Can be Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
Adapted by jalene from a recipe by Food & Wine
Turkey Burger Ingredients:
- 1 & 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan (or use Nutritional Flakes if making dairy-free)
- 1 & 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 scallions including the green tops, chopped
- 2 Tbsp milk or milk alternative
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- Provolone cheese (leave out if making dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise or GF Mayo
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bread crumbs, nutritional flakes, parsley, scallions, milk, egg, salt, and pepper. Form into 3/4 inch patties.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan (you can also make these on the grill). Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the turkey burgers and cook for about 5 minutes. Turn and top with a slice of provolone cheese (if using). Cook for about 6 minutes longer or until done.
I served mine on a slice of Gluten-Free Goddess' Gluten-Free Focaccia Bread. You can grill the bread first, if preferred, then spread with the special sauce. Add tomatoes, lettuce or any other topping you prefer. Enjoy!