Ps- This donut plain isn't super sweet so you can add more sugar if you need... Rolling them in powdered sugar or cinnamon & sugar usually does the trick (as pictured below).
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cake Donuts
- 3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup milk alternative (I used soy milk)
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp oat flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar or coconut sugar or evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F (If you don't have a donut pan you can also fry these in coconut oil. It's just hard to get the shape unless you have a donut dispensing thingy.)
- In a 1 cup or larger measuring cup add the apple cider vinegar. Then add the milk sub to make 2/3rds cup. Let the mixture rest for about 5 minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together (including the milk and vinegar) and combine with dry until just blended.
- Scoop into the donut pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before adding powdered sugar or cinnamon-sugar mixture. (Helpful hint: Stick the donut in a plastic bag with the topping and shake it around. The donuts are so moist they absorb some of the topping after sitting a while so top just before serving.)