Enjoy! Be sure to leave a comment about your favorite pizza toppings!
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Created by jalene but inspired by the baking beauties
Yields two 14-inch pizza crusts or 3 smaller
- 1/4 cup non-GMO cornstarch
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1 & 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 Tbsp xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1 & 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/2 tsp organic cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup warm milk or rice milk (about 110 degrees F)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix the dry ingredients: cornstarch, potato starch, brown rice flour, and xanthan gum in a mixer or food processor.
- In a small bowl mix together the wet ingredients: oil, egg, egg white, water, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry while mixing on low. After combined, turn mixer up to medium speed and mix for 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl if necessary.
- If making two 14-inch pizzas, cut two 18-inch pieces of parchment paper. If making smaller pizzas (so they can fit into ziplock bags) prepare three 14-inch pieces of parchment paper. Place parchment paper onto pizza pans or cookie sheets.
- With a rubber spatula divide the dough between the parchment sheets. Dip your spatula in water to spread out the crust to desired thickness. (It will raise slightly.)
- Place the dough in a draft-free, warm area and let rise for 30 minutes. (10 minutes before dough is ready, preheat oven to 425 F)
- Bake 1 crust at a time in preheated oven for about 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and take off parchment paper.
and return to the oven on a pizza pan for 10-15 more
minutes or until cheese is starting to brown.
8b. If you are freezing the crust place on a cooling rack
and cool completely. Then transfer to ziplock
freezer bags. When ready to use, pull out, top and
bake in preheated oven at 425 until cheese is
melting and turning brown.