This next post is a great gluten-free mom to mom secret: Ready made pizza packs! Often times, people ask what me what Audrey eats for lunch. Typically, we eat leftovers from dinner the night before but if there are not leftovers, this is one of those QUICK minimal prep, fall-back ideas that can be ready in about 15 minutes!
Gluten Free Pizza Packs
Created by jalene
Makes 6 mini pizzas
- Mix the pizza crust according it's directions. Separate the dough into 6 sections. Between greased parchment paper, roll out each section of the dough to form a small personal size pizza. (Be sure to check the size of your ziplock bags so you dont make your pizzas too big.)
- Bake each mini pizza for about 7-8 minutes. (The top should be firm to the touch). Allow the crust to cool completely and then transfer each crust into it's own freezer bag.
- Place a sealed snack baggie of *1/4 cup sauce and a *1/4 cup cheese also into the freezer bag. *(You can use more or less to your preference)
- Seal, date, and store in the freezer. Walla! Pizza when you need it.
Extras from jalene:
- Want a herbier crust? Try adding 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning and 1/4 tsp garlic powder to the dough while mixing. It gives it a great Italian taste!
- Have other favorite toppings? You can freeze them too! Simply add them to your cheese baggie or seal them in their own baggie and add them to your kit.
- PS- For Audrey's birthday party this year we actually did a build your own gluten free pizza party! I simply used this method and froze all the crusts ahead of time and then pulled them out just before the party. It went great! The kids AND adults LOVED picking out their own toppings for their personal pans.