We've had my nephew staying with us for a little bit which is great because he's a gluten-eater normally. So that means his memories of gluten-infested foods are still fresh in his mind when he eats our gluten-free food. So far he hasn't been able to tell the difference between my gluten free cooking and "normal" recipes. He also think it's so funny that my husband critiques my food so in depth and honestly! I told him I prefer it that way because it's the only way I'll get better!
And thanks to my husband these pancakes are better! Enjoy!
Fluffy Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes
Created by jalene
Makes about 15 (3 inch pancakes)
- 1 cup water & 1/4 cup whole raw almonds* or you can use 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 Tbsp honey or 1 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 2 Tbsp almond meal flour
- 2 Tbsp potato starch
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- In a Blendtec or strong blender combine your water, almonds, vanilla, almond extract, and honey until smooth. (I use the "whole juice" setting on my Blendtec.) Add the egg and coconut oil and pulse to combine.
- Add all of the rest of the dry ingredients to the blender and mix until well combined. Fold in the blueberries. Pour onto your preheated skillet and brown on each side. Serve hot.
Note from jalene:
Pst- Making your own dairy free milk is EASY. Follow the links for some of my recipes: