Adapted by Jalene
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk (13.5oz)
- 2 tsp green curry paste (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp of fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 3 cups chicken stock (gluten-free)
- 1 large skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free) or Liquid Aminos (You can also use Fish Sauce if you have it)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp basil or 6 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Cook the pieces of chicken in a pan over medium heat with a slight bit of water so the chicken does not burn. Cook just until no longer pink. (Optional; Add 1 tsp of curry to chicken while cooking). Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the coconut milk, curry paste, 1 tsp lime juice, ginger, and honey and bring to a simmer on medium heat. (Steam will be rising up.)
- Add the chicken stock, cover and simmer over medium-low for 8 minutes.
- Raise the soup to a boil and add the chicken, soy sauce, 3 Tbsp of cilantro, and basil. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining Tbsp of cilantro and stir in the lime juice. Serve hot.
Optional: To make soup more substantial, add 2 cups cooked rice or rice noodles before serving.