So, I subbed in his other 2 favorite beans, added my own touches, and then found out I was out of tomato juice so I improvised a little more... The result: AWESOMENESS. Such a great tasting chili and super easy to make. You can do it all in one pot and it cooks up pretty quick. It's also freezable so you can have it quick another time. Perfect.
Hope you enjoy it!
Delicious 2 Bean Chili
Created by jalene
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste + enough water to make 32 oz total
- 1 lb raw ground beef
- 1 onion, diced small
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced small
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can (or 1 & 1/2 cups) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (or 1 & 1/2 cups) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can or (14 oz fresh) diced tomatoes with their juices
- 3/4 cup frozen corn (optional) (We recommend using organic, non-gmo corn!)
- In a blender add the tomato paste and water to equal 32 oz total. Blend until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium high heat add the beef, onion, and green pepper. Cook until meat is browned. Add the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Saute for 1 minute.
- Pour in the tomato paste & water mixture. Add beans and heat the soup until nice and hot. Stir in the corn (if using).
To freeze, cool the soup completely and place into ziplock freezer bags. Then simply consume within 3 months. If you're keeping this in the fridge instead, consume within 3 days.
PSSST...Of course, you can sub out any of the beans for ones of your choice but the black beans and great northern beans go really well in this combination.