(Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free and can be Corn-Free)
Created by jalene
- 1 can of coconut milk (refrigerated at least 1 day, see tips!)
- start with 3 Tbsp Powdered Sugar, you can always add more if you want it sweeter (see tips)
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla
- Remove the can of coconut from the fridge and scoop the white thick & solid part of the can into a mixing bowl. Beat until soft peaks form, similar to whip cream. Add your vanilla and sugar and blend slightly more.
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Keeps for at least 3 days if not more.
After being in the fridge, the coconut milk whip cream will start to firm up. Simply stir it to get back the whip cream consistency.
Tips from jalene:
- Trouble shooting: Some cans of coconut will not separate into 2 parts in the fridge. If this happens, mix it up as above, whipping it until soft peaks form. It will firm up more after you refrigerate it as well. You can also use guar gum as a thickener.
- I do not recommend using lite coconut cream for this recipe! I have not tried my recipe for coconut milk yet either so I'm unsure if it would work.
- Did you know that a lot of brands that make powdered sugar use CORNSTARCH? It's an anti-clumping agent. But if you are concerned about corn or have an allergy to it, you can actually make your own powdered Sugar and leave the cornstarch out. I make my own from this recipe. It actually takes 5 minutes or less from start to finish! ...That's a lot faster than you could run to the store if you're out.