Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Adapted by jalene from a recipe from my childhood
Makes 19 cookies (with a 1 & 1/4 inch cookie scooper)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder (I used organic)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter (I used Earth Balance to make it Dairy Free)
- 1 cup sugar or organic evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used organic & unsweetened)
- 1 & 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp gluten free quick oats (*SEE NOTE)
- 1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla
- Pull out a 10 inch piece of wax paper and set it on your counter.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter, add the water, sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir well to combine and bring to a full boil. While stirring continuously, boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the peanut butter and mix until combined. Add the vanilla and then stir in the oats until well coated.
- Using a cookie scooper or 2 spoons, spoon the "dough" about 1 inch apart onto the wax paper. Allow to set up & cool (about 15 minutes). Store unused cookies in a covered container.
Note from jalene:
*My traditional recipe calls for only 1 & 1/2 cups quick oats when I was using butter and regular peanut butter. I had to increase the oats when using Earth Balance and organic unsweetened peanut butter. Adjust your recipe accordingly. The cookie dough should be thick and able to pretty much hold it's shape after you scoop it.
PS- If you haven't already invested in a cookie scooper I strongly suggest it! I use mine ALL the time. Not just for cookies but for making my gluten free cinnamon rolls or monkey bread recipes too. It just comes so much in handy!
I actually have 2 sizes- the little one is the one I used for this cookie recipe. It measures about 1 & 1/4 inch across. The other is for larger things like my gluten free biscuits or gluten free soft rolls. That scooper is equalivalent to 1/4 cup. Gluten free dough is sticky! These babies save you time and frustration. ;)
(This item qualifies for free shipping too with any purchase over $25!)