It's an easy coconut curry with a tomato twist. My husband absolutely LOVED this dish! He couldn't believe it was made from scratch! He give it his "Restaurant worthy!" approval. ;)
Coconut Chicken Curry
Adapted by jalene from Carpe Season
- 2 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1- 5oz can tomato paste (or you can use 1 part Premier Tomato and 1 part water to equal 5 oz)
- 1- 13.5oz can coconut milk
- 1 & 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala or you can use: 3/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp ground coriander, 1/4 tsp ground cardamom, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp ground cloves, 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 pinches of crushed red pepper flakes (for mild)
- In your Blendtec blender add the onion, garlic, tomato paste, coconut milk, salt, curry powder, garam masala (or all the subs for it), and the red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a crockpot on low. Add the raw chicken, carrots, and potatoes. Cover and cook for at least 4-6 hours or until your chicken is cooked and your carrots and potatoes are tender.