Don't worry, if you're allergic to Hazelnuts you can substitute almonds instead!
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Adapted by jalene from a recipe by Lookbook Cookbook
- 1 & 1/4 cup raw hazelnuts (see note)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 6 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (I used organic)
- 1/4 cup 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp honey (I used raw)
- In a high speed blender or food processor, grind the nuts until they begin to get creamy. (The creamier you can get your nuts, the creamier your overall product will be.) Add your oil and milk and continue to blend.
- Then add in your cocoa, maple syrup and honey and mix until combined, scraping when needed.
Note from jalene:
- Allergic to Hazelnuts? You can sub them out for Almonds instead!