They are so packed full of health, it's great! The best part, my little 2 year old ADORED them! I even used them as bribery for her to finish all of her brussels sprouts at dinner! (Which I had to snicker to myself because she would still be getting her veggies as she devoured these babies...ha!)
These muffins could work great in the morning as a quick on-the-go breakfast or even as a after school delight! Enjoy!
Adapted by jalene from a recipe by weelicious.com
Makes 30-36 mini muffins
- 1 apple (peeled, cored, & finely grated)
- 2 carrots (peeled & finely grated)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 & 1/2 cups of gluten free oat flour (you can grind your own from rolled oats too)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 & 1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup honey (for kids over 1)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line about 36 mini-muffin tins with mini-liners.
- Combine the grated apple, carrot, and coconut in a large bowl. Mix well. Stir in the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, vanilla, milk, oil, and honey. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the wet and stir to combine.
- Fill liners 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean and the tops bounce back when slightly touched.