Buttercream Chocolate Frosting
- 4 cups (or 1 lb) powdered sugar (see my recipe on how to make your own)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (use Earth balance to make it Dairy Free)
- 1/4 cup milk (I use almond milk to make it Dairy Free)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a dry mixing bowl on high speed, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy.
- Turn mixer to slow and add the confectioner’s sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Cream together.
- Slowly add milk and vanilla into the icing. Blend on low speed until smooth and creamy.
This frosting goes AMAZING with my gluten free chocolate cake. The combination together tastes so good, you would have no idea they are even gluten free!