Created by jalene
- 2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup gluten-free, dairy-free breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash and scrub the outside of the zucchinis. Cut each zucchini into sticks. I can typically get 18 sticks per zucchini but it depends on the size of your zucchini and the way you cut it.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a zip-lock bag and set aside.
- In a small bowl beat the egg. Dip the sticks in the egg coating well then allow excess to drip off. (See tip below).
- Place up to 3-5 sticks in the bag of breadcrumbs and shake until well coated. Then place breaded sticks onto a parchment covered cookie sheet. Be sure not to let them stick. Spray or lightly drizzle olive oil over each stick.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes. (Amount time will vary with different ovens and sizes of sticks.)
TIP from jalene:
To make sure your breading doesn't get clumpy you can dip your zucchini in the egg then place on a cooling rack over a drip-plate. This allows excess liquid to drip off before you shake them in your breading bag.