Created by jalene
- 1 egg and 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup milk, soy or almond milk (*see note)
- 1 Tbsp 100% pure maple syrup or 2 tsp agave
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium heat. (You'll know the pan is ready to cook on when you can throw a drop of water on it and it sizzles away.)
- Stick all ingredients in blender or mixer. (I do mine in the magic bullet.) Combine for at least 30 seconds and let batter rest for at least 2 minutes.
- When you pour the batter onto the pan, only pour enough to just cover the bottom (I usually tilt the pan around to get all the holes.) If you add too much batter your crepes will turn out thick and it's hard to cook them through and if they are too thin they will break easily.
- Cook until light brown on first side and then flip. Cook second side only slightly.
Makes 7- 7inch crepes
Note from jalene:
These tasty crepes can also be used a gluten-free tortilla alternative!
Just simply decrease the maple syrup to 1/2 Tbsp and store in a zip-lock bag for later use.