Gluten Free Banana Oatmeal
Created by jalene
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 banana (diced small)
- 1 Tbsp raisins (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Turn the heat off but keep the pan on the hot stove. Add the oats cover the pan.
- After 15-20 minutes, uncover the oatmeal, add the banana, raisins, and cinnamon and stir well and serve warm.
Notes from jalene:
If your oatmeal is a little thick- add more water or milk after it's cooked. We usually add almond milk. If you need your oatmeal sweeter, try xylitol to keep it sugar free!
Sometimes we like to get a little crazy with our oatmeal! Try some of these variations:
Be creative! We're always seeing how we can naturally fortify our food. Be sure to share your variations with us!