Baked Oatmeal Delight
Created by jalene
(inspired by a recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie)
- 1 cup gluten-free raw oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (organic is best)
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 tsp Chia seed
- 1 tsp Flax seed
- 1 tsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla gluten-free extract
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Oil or grease three 1-cup ramekins or small oven-safe glass bowls.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium size bowl. Scoop the mixture equally into your containers. (FYI...It does not raise while baking.)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until it's firm. Then turn your oven to high broil and cook for 3 minutes more. (This gives it a nice crust on top.)
Notes from jalene:
For a more nutty flavor try adding in a tablespoon of your favorite nut butter such as peanut, almond or cashew before baking or top with after baking.
Don't have chia or flax seed? You can leave it out. Want more protein? You can add chopped walnuts or almonds. The possibilities are endless! Try experimenting with your own ideas. Be sure to share with us your alterations!