I love this recipe because it's one-pot and the gluten free noodles I used are fortified with carrot, tomato, and spinach. It's a super healthy meal that the entire family will love. Enjoy!
Just a reminder, we have another great Free Gluten Free class coming up in 8 days. Visit HERE for more information.
Chicken Noodle Soup
Adapted by jalene from a recipe off allrecipes.com
- 2 Tbsp butter (or use extra virgin olive oil or Earth Balance to make it Dairy Free)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 9 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts, raw & diced into small pieces
- 1 & 1/2 cups gluten free noodles (I used Tinkyada's Brown Rice Pasta Vegetable Spirals- see below)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, garlic, and celery and cook until just barely tender. Add the basil, oregano, marjoram, salt, and pepper and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the soup to a boil. Add the raw chicken, noodles, and carrots and cook for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Tips from jalene:
| || |
Buy Bulk, it's cheaper!
Great price for 6 bags: