So here's my version of Yorkshire Pudding. Regardless if it's identical to the gluten infested version or not, it tastes super yummy and makes a fast & tasty roll that goes great with soup! Enjoy!
Gluten Free Yorkshire Pudding
Created by jalene
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup milk (or use plain almond milk for Dairy Free)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup butter (or use meat drippings or Earth Balance to make it Dairy Free)
- 12-count muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Get all your ingredients out and set aside.
- Place 1 tsp of butter into each muffin tin and place it into your preheated oven. Watch carefully while preparing the dough:
- In a Blendtec blender blender your eggs. Add all of the dry ingredients (brown rice flour, potato starch, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum). Pulse to combine, scraping sides as necessary. While the blender is running on the lowest setting, pour in the milk. Remove muffin tin from the oven after all the butter is melted and starting to bubble.
- Immediately pour batter by distributing it evenly into each muffin tin and return to the pan to the oven. Bake for at least 15 minutes or until puffy and golden brown on top.