Created by jalene
Makes 8 bars
- 1 & 2/3 cups gluten free quick oats
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes (sub quick oats if you can't find)
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, diced
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar (we use evaporated cane juice sugar)
- 6 Tbsp melted butter (for dairy free use Earth Balance or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp !00% pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (we use organic)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, quinoa flakes, oat flour, cashews, almonds, dates, flax seeds, sesame seeds, ground cinnamon, salt, and sugar.
- Pour in the butter, honey, maple syrup, water and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Then add in the peanut butter and stir well. Press into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately press down the top with a spatula or large spoon. Cool the bars completely before cutting. Store in individual snack baggies for a quick grab breakfast or snack.
Note from jalene:
- Want to turn this into a Sweet Cookie Bar dessert? Increase the sugar to 1/2 cup.
- Not fond of almonds or cashews? Sub in 1 cup nut of your choice.
- Can't find dates? Sub in 1/2 cup dried fruit of your choice.
- Allergic to peanuts? Sub in your favorite nut butter.