Luckily, my husband has been a huge help with the transition as well. He made me breakfast for a good week and helped out with the dishes. As I get back to creating in the kitchen, it makes me laugh to find all the creative places he put the dishes away in. At least everything is clean, right?
Well, life continues on as normal now as a new mom of 2! Even my bananas are brown (which if you know me, is perfectly normal). I seem to always have some brown bananas on hand despite my best efforts to use them before that point! No worries though! I just invented a new Paleo bread!! Introducing Paleo (Grain Free) Banana Bread!
Paleo Banana Bread
Created by jalene but inspired by my Almond Cranberry Pound Cake Recipe
Makes about 8-10 (1-inch thick) slices
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (or to make corn-free use guar gum)
- 2/3 cup sugar or evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder (to be truly grain-free use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp water
- 2 ripe bananas
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sugar, salt, baking powder (or sub) and xanthan gum (or sub). Whisk to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, add your eggs and beat for 30 sec. Add the vanilla extract and water.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet and mix until uniformly moist. (Batter will thicken as it sits.)
- Scoop the batter into your prepared pan and smooth down the top.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until the top is starting to brown and will slightly bounce back up with touched. Allow bread to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing.