I have tried all sorts of dairy free Alfredos. Some made from cashews, some prepackaged from the store, some made from gluten free flours and I have not been satisfied! Luckily for me, longing is a great inventor of amazing dishes and this next dish is amazing! I'm so pleased that it turned out so well! I always ask my husband is a recipe is "website worthy" and he said, "Honey, this is restaurant worthy." ;) What a sweetie! Enjoy!
Created by jalene
Start to finish less than 10 min
Makes about 2 & 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup Vegan Earth Balance Butter
- 1/2 cup Vegan Chive & Garlic Cream Cheese Alternative (I used Galaxy Nutritional Foods' Brand- You can find it at health food stores in refrigerated section)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 can (13.5oz) Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and cream cheese. Add the garlic and onion powder then stir in the coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil then add the nutritional flakes, salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Tips from jalene:
Also, I always carefully read the list of ingredients on anything prepackaged that I buy. When shopping for "dairy free" items, I have found a HELPFUL trick! IF THE LABEL SAYS "VEGAN" IT'S ALSO DAIRY FREE! And thanks to all the Vegan consumers out there, there are a lot more Dairy Free options in the grocery stores today!