Don't forget our FREE GIVEAWAY ends today and will be announced tomorrow!
Also, if you're in the area we will having our FREE gluten free class in Lehi, Utah tomorrow! Click on the blue for more info.
Gluten Free Apple Fritters
Adapted by jalene
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup sweet white rice flour (you can grind your own from calrose rice)
- 3 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 3 Tbsp potato starch
- 2 Tbsp sugar or evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp almond or rice milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 organic apple, diced
- Virgin Coconut Oil or Spectrum Organic Shortening
- powdered sugar for dusting, (optional)
- In a small saucepan heat up about a cm to an inch of coconut oil to 340 degrees F. (Be sure not to allow it to go over 350. I suggest using a digital thermometer to regulate it.)
- Combine all of the dry ingredients first: brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Combine the wet ingredients separately egg, milk, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Fold in the apples.
- For donut (or doughnut) holes, use a cookie scoop to spoon the batter into the preheated oil. (I cooked about 3-4 at a time in my small pan). The temperature of your oil will dry as you add the dough so watch carefully. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown (as pictured). Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack lined with a paper towel.