(PS-I also love to make my gluten free banana donuts too or my Banana Almond Pancakes. If you haven't tried those recipes, you should check it out! They're so yummy!!)
I've tried a lot of different gluten free banana breads over my years and they've been ok but it seems like they're not as moist as the original gluten infested version. I was playing around with one of my recipes and thought if applesauce makes my waffles moist, maybe it would do the same for banana bread! I also wanted to keep the flour simple for those who don't have all the different kinds of gluten free flours on hand. So guess what, all this calls for is brown rice flour!
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Created by jalene
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 & 1/2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 & 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs, banana. honey, oil, applesauce and lemon until well combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients to the wet until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Immediately pour into a 8x4x2 loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
Tips from jalene:
The lemon juice is optional in the bread, it doesn't serve a purpose (it just gives it a nice taste!) so you can leave it out if you'd prefer.