This next granola recipe is to die for! It's seriously so good. Sweet, crunchy, healthy, protein-packed, and best of all: Gluten Free! The almond extract gives it such a yummy flavor. I'm just so excited to share it with you!
PS- We have a FREE class coming up Oct 9 in Lehi, Utah if you're in the area. It will be taught by my husband (Dr. Nielsen) and I. Hope to see you there! See the full details HERE.
Cranberry Almond Granola
Created by jalene
Start to finish: 45 minutes (5 prep, 40 baking)
Makes a little over 6 cups
- 4 & 1/4 cups gluten free oats (not quick oats)
- 1 & 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup cranberries (add after granola is cooled)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, almonds, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir well.
- In another bowl combine the oil, honey, and almond extract. Whisk well.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir well.
- Dumb the granola out onto your prepared cookie sheet. Place in the oven. Cook for 40 minutes total, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool granola completely and add in the cranberries.