Adapted by jalene from a recipe by my bro-in-law Dr. Jared Nielsen
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans, drained and washed or 1 & 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh packed spinach, washed and dried
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and stir-fry until just barely browning. Add the olive oil and garlic and simmer for 1 minute more.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides.
I really need to get a toddler proof photo shoot area! ha ha