So to make sure they were packed full of some good nutrients I came up with this recipe. (Secretly, I only had a half a cup of brown rice flour left also so I HAD to improvise from my normal brown rice waffles!) The result was a hit. It's one dinner I didn't have to force them to finish their plates!
Created by jalene
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened organic applesauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat a waffle griddle. I used a Belgian one.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and mix until barely combined.
- Pour enough batter to cover the bottom griddle. Cook until toasty brown.
I served mine with my dairy-free coconut whip cream and strawberries. YUM!
If by some crazy chance you have any leftover waffles, allow to cool and then immediately store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the freezer so they don't dry out.